The Office of the CIO Portfolio and Project Management Office (PPMO) exists to provide strategic portfolio, program / project management, business analysis, change management and performance support services for Washington University. Activities underway or in development include:
- IT Governance Process Facilitation – supporting the IT governance committees in the process of assessing and prioritizing proposed IT investments to achieve strategic objectives
- Portfolio Management – monitoring the progress of projects in the IT service portfolios, providing relevant and timely information for IT governance, management, project sponsors, and steering committee decision making
- Resource Management Planning – scheduling approved projects and working with technical groups to assess future resource requirements
- Project and Program Management – establishing the process and standards for project management and methodology within the organization, and providing skilled project managers to lead strategic cross-functional initiatives
- Business Analysis and Change Management – providing skilled business analysts and organization change managers to strategic initiatives
- Performance Support – developing instructional resources to prepare and support service users and IT staff to successfully adopt and leverage IT shared services
The PPMO is committed to using the PMI Global Standard and ITIL Service Management framework to leverage best practices in delivering initiatives that support the mission of the university. The PPMO works in partnership with University stakeholders as well as Enterprise Architecture, Information Security, and all IT delivery organizations at WashU to achieve project objectives.